This sauce is wonderful, especially on chicken. But it’s also great on fries, burgers, hot dogs — anything. You might want to make a big batch and freeze some so it’s always available. Brush it on whatever’s grilling during the last 20 minutes. Otherwise, it will burn.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup (80g) finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons (38g) finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup (240g) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add celery and onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk together. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Makes about 1⅓ cups.
“Weber’s Big Book of Grilling”