- ½ pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- Softened ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat together margarine and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add to margarine mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- To make sandwiches, spread softened ice cream on bottom side of one cookie; top with second cookie. Wrap airtight; freeze.
Yield: about 2 dozen sandwiches