The ramen noodles soak up a lot of the broth if not eaten right when the noodles are done cooking. You can prepare this ahead of time, just make sure to add the noodle right before you are ready to eat.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs or breast or a mix sliced (or left whole if using the crockpot)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated (you may add more to your liking)
- 1 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 sweet potato chopped (skin removed if desired)
- 2 red peppers thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 packages Ramen noodle soup seasoning packets discarded (you may also just use your favorite pasta)
- chopped peanuts for serving
- chopped cilantro for serving
To make this on the Stove
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and the chicken.
- Brown the chicken, stirring once or twice for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cookedI through. Carefully remove the chicken from the pot.
- Add another tablespoon of peanut oil, the ginger, garlic, sweet potato and peppers.
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add the mushroom and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add in the curry paste and smoked paprika, stirring until the curry paste has coated the veggies.
- In the meantime, add 1 cup of chicken broth to a heat safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute or unitll very hot. Carefully stir in the peanut butter until completely smooth.
- Add the chicken back into the pot along with the coconut milk, remaining chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, peanut butter mixture, lime juice and brown sugar.
- Stir until the peanut butter has been fully incorporated into the soup.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then add the ramen noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes (if using regular noodles you will need to cook the noodle for a longer period of time, probably about 8 minutes).
- Once the noodles are ready serve soup immediately and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and peanuts.
To make this in the crockpot
- Add the peanut oil, chicken, ginger, garlic, sweet potato, red peppers, curry paste, smoked paprika, coconut milk, chicken, broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar to the crock pot bowl.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high, stirring if you can once or twice.
- During the last 30 minutes add the mushrooms and then during the last 5 minutes add the noodles (if using regular noodles you will need to cook them for a longer period of time, probably about 10 minutes).
- Once the noodles are cooked serve immediately and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and peanuts
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken has the most amazing creamy garlic sauce with spinach and sun dried tomatoes. This meal is a restaurant quality meal ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and serve over pasta if desired.
- If you are serving over pasta and like it saucy, definitely double the sauce.