Creamy is the key word here, as sour cream and cream cheese take a tomato, marinara and ziti casserole to a whole new level of pasta deliciousness.
- 4 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup sour dream
- 8 ounces KRAFT® Shredded Three Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA®
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Remove from pan; drain.
- Meanwhile, add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese to same pan; cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended, stirring frequently. Return pasta to pan; mix well.
- Layer half the pasta mixture in 13×9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella and remaining pasta mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 8 servings.
- ½ pound spaghetti, uncooked
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 10-ounce tub Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
- ¼ cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon, reserving 1ablespoon drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add shrimp to reserved drippings; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Add cooking creme; cook and stir 3 minutes. or until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; return to pan. Add shrimp mixture and bacon; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan.
For added color and texture, serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite dressing.
If a thinner sauce is desired, reserve ¼ cup of the drained pasta cooking water. Add, 1 Tablespoon at a time, to finished recipe until of desired consistency. Top with Parmesan.