- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
- Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- Sift together first 6 ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in another bowl.
- Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
- Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
- Serve with Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter.
- When using a griddle, heat it to 350°
- For tender pancakes, don’t overmix the batter; it should be lumpy.
Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter
Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter is our favorite topper for breakfast treats like our Red Velvet Pancakes.Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter is our favorite topper for breakfast treats like our Red Velvet Pancakes.
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Add vanilla, beating until blended.