Cook One quart apricots – sweeten to taste – pour cooked fruit in a greased pan – (use 1½ tbsp butter).
Make the following and pour over fruit & bake – the batter will be thin as hot cake batter. Before batter browns sprinkle sugar over top of cooking cobbler.
1 cup sugar
1 “ flour
1 “ milk
2 tsps baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup melted Crisco or other cooking oil
- 1 quart apricots
- sugar to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted Crisco or other cooking oil
- _____ cups/tablespoons sugar
- Combine apricots, sugar and water in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until fruit is tender.
- Pour cooked fruit into a greased 9-inch by 9-inch pan.
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl to make batter. The batter will be thin – like pancake batter.
- Pour batter over fruit mixture and bake in a in a 350º oven for ____ to ____ minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over top of cooking cobbler and continue baking for ____ to ____ minutes or until cobbler is brown.