Forget coffee – if you really need that energy boost, look no further than a tall glass of water. According to Metabolic Disorder and Personal Training specialist Lisa Lynn, dehydration can make you feel exhausted and even slow down your metabolism. Try one of these fun and hydrating drink recipes to zest up your day!
Super Energizer Smoothie
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated coffee
- 3-4 frozen strawberries
- 5 ice cubes
- 500 mg glutamine
- Pour water into blender and begin mixing on lowest speed. Add 2 scoops of whey protein powder and blend for 10 seconds.
- Gradually add ice cubes, frozen fruit, coffee and glutamine and then blend on high speed for 1 minute, until ingredients are completely mixed. Serve cold!
Pineapple-Mint Infused Water
- ¼ pineapple
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 10 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add 10 cups water into pitcher or large bowl. Peel and cut pineapple into triangles, and pour pineapple and mint leaves into water.
- Refrigerate ingredients for at least 3 hours before drinking, and strain before serving. Keep refrigerated up to 2 days.
Luscious Lemon and Lime Water
- 8 cups water
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- Pour 8 cups water in pitcher or large bowl. Wash lemons and limes, cut into thin slices and add to water.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before drinking, and enjoy! Keep ingredients refrigerated up to 2 days.