Chocolate butter is basically just a compound butter ― melted chocolate mixed into room temperature butter. In other words, it’s just butter with a hint of another flavor.
Spreading chocolate butter on your toast is not like eating Nutella. The chocolate flavor is subtle, the butter still the star. But, it’s just the little push we need to make our morning toast feel a little bit special. Everyone should make some and keep their fridge stocked with the good stuff at all times. Especially because it’s ridiculously easy to make.
- 1 stick of salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (get the good stuff) or in chips
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter for a minute, until it’s soft and smooth. Add the cooled, melted chocolate and mix until totally incorporated.
- Eat. On toast in place of regular butter. On pancakes. On French toast. On whatever you can think of.