- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter and honey.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags.
- To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Yield: 1 dozen.