Benihana fried rice is to tasty. If you have been to Benihana, you know you should not skip the Benihana fried rice they serve. To me, it is the best menu item of all. With a few simple ingredients you can make the Benihana fried rice recipe at home. Thankfully there are no exotic ingredients in this recipe. You can find everything you need at home.
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- Vegetable oil
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the rice in the water according to package directions. For best results, spread the cooked rice in a shallow metal pan and stick it in the freezer to cool quickly. Do not let it freeze, though. If you don’t have time to chill the rice, just spread it out so it cools completely.
- While the rice is cooking and cooling, spread the sesame seeds in a shallow baking pan. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes, shaking pan occasionally for even color. Remove from the oven.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions, carrots, and scallions. Cook, stirring from time to time, until the onions are translucent. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat another large skillet or a wok if you have one. Add a splash of oil and swirl it around. Pour the eggs into the hot skillet. Cook as you would scrambled eggs.
- When the eggs are barely done, add the vegetables, rice, and sesame seeds and and sprinkle with the soy sauce.
- Stir-fry until everything is mixed and hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.