- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 1 cup oil
- 1 8-1/4 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Butter two 5 by 9 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the grated zucchini
- Stir in the pineapple and then the oil.
- Sprinkle baking soda, baking powder and salt over the mixture and stir it in.
- Add the flour, a third at a time, stirring after each incorporation.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg over the batter and mix.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins.
- Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.