Picture this – a creamy block of cream cheese seasoned with your favorite sweet or savory topping and smoked to perfection right in your back yard. Sounds like a dream but all it takes is a smoker, 2 hours and a couple ingredients.
- 1 block Cream Cheese, Full Fat
- 3 – 4 tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Set your Pit to the smoke setting or set your smoker to 180 degrees.
- Lightly oil a rectangle piece of aluminum foil that’s able to fit your cream cheese. Oil cream cheese block and place on foil.
- Using everything bagel seasoning, season all sides of cream cheese (including the bottom.)
- Carefully score cream cheese to allow smoke to reach more surface area.
- Place foil in grill/smoker and smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove cream cheese from grill/smoker and serve with chips, crackers or pretzels.
How long does it take to make smoked cream cheese?
Smoked cream cheese takes 2 hours to smoke at 180 degrees. We have pulled our bricks off early when we were running short on time but for the best results, let it smoke the full time.
Is smoked cream cheese good cold?
ABSOLUTELY! I’ve actually used it on bagels or English Muffins the next morning. How you use it cold really just depends on how you season it while cooking.
How do you know when smoked cream cheese is done?
Since this is not something you have to make sure cooks all the way to enjoy, it’s really up to you. The longer you smoke the cream cheese, the more smoke flavor that it’ll obtain. As stated above, try to let it smoke the full 2 hours but know it’s okay to pull off early if needed.
You know, we have a list of ones we love and some that we’d still like to try. Everything bagel seasoning is definitely at the top of the list. Some other seasonings we love to use are cinnamon and sugar, Old Bay, taco seasoning, buffalo dip seasoning.