- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp butter or margarine.
- 1‑1/2 cup rice
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine.
- 3 cups rice
- 6 cups water
- 1‑1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine rice and water in a microwave‑safe dish. Add butter or margarine and salt if desired.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Reduce to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Let stand covered for 5 minutes (or until all water is absorbed). Fluff with fork and serve.
- Microwave ovens vary, times given are approximate.
- For Best Results:
- For firmer rice, use less water and simmer for a shorter time.
- For softer rice, use more water and simmer for a longer time.
- Do not lift lid during cook (the steam cooks the rice).