- 10-12 hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 cups milk
- loaf of French bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- While the eggs are cooking — In a large saucepan, melt the butter completely on medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour.
- Stir until the butter and flour are completely combined and there are no signs of the white flour. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the milk.
- Turn heat to medium and watch so that it doesn’t burn. Wait for the milk to bubble and then whisk until all the lumps are gone and it has taken on a thick consistency. This will take approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt–we used about a teaspoon.
- Add pepper to taste. Let simmer on low while you get the bread ready.
- Cut slices of French bread about ¾ inch thick.
- Toast all the bread slices and then butter afterwards.
- Peel the eggs.
- Slice each egg into small chunks and add to the yummy gravy.
- Stir it lightly until combined.
- Pour the gravy over the toast and serve.