These oven-fried pickles are seriously addictive and have become a total Delish snack staple. They’re super easy to make and are a perfect afternoon snack when you’re craving something salty and crunchy.
The best part of these pickles is their versatility. Not a fan of dill chips? Try bread and butter, or any other flavor you’re crazy about! Same goes for the spices in the breading — if you’re not a fan of spice you could tone it down with some freshly cracked pepper. If you love spice, amp up the cayenne — or even try putting a dash of your favorite hot sauce into the egg dredge! The possibilities are endless.
- 1 cup sliced pickles
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
- In a medium shallow bowl, mix together panko, butter, dill, garlic powder and cayenne. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, toss pickle coins in flour until lightly coated, then toss pickles in eggs. Dredge the pickles in the panko mixture until fully coated.
- Place pickles on prepared baking sheet and bake until the coating is golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing.