- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 hard cooked eggs
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper
- 3 slices bacon, crisp cooked and finely crumbled
- Chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese on prepared sheet; pat into a 2-inch circle.
- Repeat with remaining cheese, allowing 2 inches between circles.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden.
- Let stand on baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes or until cooled but still pliable. Carefully peel off paper.
- Place cheese crisps on a wire rack; cool completely.
- Once cool, break cheese crisps into smaller pieces.
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside.
- Place yolks in a small bowl; mash with a fork.
- Add mayo, cream cheese, jalapeno, green onions; mix well
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill the egg halves with the yolk mixture and top each egg half with a bit of crispy cheese and bacon.
- Sprinkle with chili powder