Ready for a smokier taco?
If you’re a fan of smoky flavor, prepping up a chipotle taco seasoning before taco night will make you very happy. This spice blend uses common spice rack ingredients and brings the smoke through both chipotle powder and smoked paprika. We kick in a little cayenne pepper to increase the overall heat just a touch.
Don’t limit this tasty seasoning to tacos. You can use it anywhere taco of Mexican seasoning is called for to add a little south-of-the-border flare to your meal. It’s delicious simply mixed with ranch dressing for a quick dip or use it as a dry rub on chicken, pork, or steak to add a smoky, earthy heat.
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Use immediately or store in a sealable jar (airtight) for future use.
- The additional cayenne pepper is optional. Chipotle pepper already brings jalapeño level heat to the seasoning (chipotle chilies are dried and smoked jalapeño peppers). Cut it completely if you prefer a low to medium level heat.