Vanilla Custard Slice – delicious, soft, creamy and so simple dessert! Vanilla Custard Slice is definitely Love at first bite!
- 2 sheets store bought puff pastry, thawed
- 8 cups milk
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Put pastry sheets onto two square baking trays lined with non- stick baking paper and prick all over with a fork, but do not go all the way through pastry.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Whole sheet of pastry cut out the shape according to the size of square pan 9×13 inch and second sheet of pastry cut into squares (about 12), that will be the top of the cake
- For the custard: Pour the milk into a medium saucepan, bring milk up to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and flour until very smooth
- Pour into the saucepan with milk and mix to combine well, add vanilla extract
- Return to the heat, stir constantly over a medium low heat until the custard boils and thickens
- Remove custard from heat
- Pour the custard over the pastry in the prepared square pan 9 x 13inch, gently put remaining cut out sheet of pastry on top of the vanilla custard layer
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours or until set.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.