- 8 oz. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3/4 c up heavy cream
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds baby spinach
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, crisp bacon until deep golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Drain bacon fat leaving 2 tablespoons in the pan; discard excess.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add flour; mix with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; bring to a boil and simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold in spinach until warmed through and wilted.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with crispy bacon.