- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
6 garlic cloves, minced
6 bacon strips, cooked, drained of fat, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, drain the beans.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook it, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans.
- Sauté on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Taste and add more salt, if needed.