- 1 package sliced soft white bread
- 1 jar red pepper jelly (1/2 cup reserved for serving)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- 2 cups Borden® Cheese Mild cheddar Shreds (divided)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Roll out each slice of white bread until 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of jam over the bread, lay 1 slice of ham on top and 1 tablespoon of Borden® Cheese Mild cheddar Shreds.
- Tightly roll the bread away from you, creating a cigar.
- Place onto a baking sheet seam-side down.
- Continue until all of the bread is used.
- Prepare a dredging station.
- In the first baking dish add the flour.
- In the second baking dish, whisk the eggs and milk.
- Lastly, place 1 cup of Borden® Cheese Mild cheddar Shreds and panko bread crumbs into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground and remove to the third baking dish.
- Dredge each cheddar roll in the flour, then the egg, and lastly the cheddar bread crumb mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons oil. Once melted, add the cheddar roll and brown on all sides.
- Remove to a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt and pepper. Add remaining butter and oil, if needed, and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm with reserved red pepper jelly.
- Prepare all of the rolls a day in advance and keep them in a baking dish tightly wrapped with plastic wrap.
- Fry before the meal and keep warm in a 200ºF oven.