- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 35 Ritz crackers
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed Ritz
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Make filling: Mix water, granulated sugar and cream of tartar in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Add crackers; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust as directed on package; fill with cracker mixture.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Make topping: Combine all topping ingredients.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°, reduce to 350° and cover edges of pie crust with foil.
- Bake 18-20 more minutes, or until pie filling has set. It shouldn’t jiggle a lot when moved.
- Cool before serving.