Show off your love of cooking to your friends and loved ones with this delicious recipe for bistec enrollado filled with mushrooms, poblanos and cheese.
- 1 pound thin beef eye round steaks
- Kosher salt
- Fresh. Racked black pepper
- Granulated garlic
- Grape seed or Olive Oil
- 6 Mushrooms (shitake, button or baby Bella) sliced thin
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and minceD
- 4 Cloves garlic, mince two, reserve the other two
- 1 Poblano pepper, roasted and sliced into strips
- 5-6 Ounces Mizzarella cheese, shredded
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes
- 1 pinch Mexican Oregano
- 1 Handful fresh cilantro for garnish
- Season the beef lightly, on both sides, with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil to medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the serrano and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté for another few minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a sauce pan, add pasilla peppers, tomato and garlic. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once mushroom mixture has cooled, take one thin steak, shorter end toward you, and fill with a couple of tablespoons of mushroom mixture one inch from the end.
- Add some roasted poblano strips and an even layer of cheese to cover.
- Roll away from you and tuck in as tight as you can to form a large cigar shape.
- Secure with toothpicks, if needed. Set aside.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer tomato/chile mixture to the blender.
- Add 3/4 cup of fresh water, salt and pepper to taste. Blend on high until smooth.
- Preheat 2-3 tablespoons of oil to medium heat in a large skillet. Sear and brown the stuffed beef rolls on all sides, about 4 minutes per side..
- Pour in the sauce form blender.
- Add oregano, cover, reduce heat and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Serve bistec rolls with plenty of sauce and garnish with cilantro.