- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 24 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 inch each), about 10 ounces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Divide dough into 24 portions.
- Shape each portion around a cheese cube to cover completely; pinch to seal.
- Place each roll in a greased muffin cup, seam side down.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes.
- Brush over rolls; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 2 dozen.