Start your morning with a warm bowl of Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal that is topped with cinnamon sugar and a cream cheese glaze.
This Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal begins with a simple creamy oatmeal then is topped with all the goodness of cinnamon sugar and even a cream cheese glaze. To save time in the morning you can assemble this the night before and reheat it in the morning. Once you dive your spoon into the bowl, you get all the flavors of a cinnamon roll in each delicious bite.
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- In a large saucepan add milk, sugars, vanilla and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in oats, return to a boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until oatmeal begins to thicken.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for about 10 seconds until just melted.
- Stir in confectioners’ sugar until combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until creamy.
Note: Add in a little more confectioners’ sugar if glaze is too thin or a little more milk if glaze is too thick until desired consistency.
- Place desired amount of oatmeal in serving bowl.
- Drizzle with some of the cinnamon sugar topping and then drizzle on top of that some of the cream cheese glaze.