You erat chocolate with wine, so why not put chocolate in wine.
I don’t know. It seemed like a good idea to me. But holy smokes it was RICH. I never understand when someone says a chocolatey dessert (i.e. fudge) is too rich. Too rich? How can something be too rich? It’s like saying something is too delicious. But this drink is rich and more fit for sipping out of a small glass than gulping from a mug.
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup red wine (I used Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Coconut whipped cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and chocolate chips.
- Whisking constantly until chocolate is melted into milk and you have a thick and creamy chocolate milk.
- Pour in red wine and heat until everything is hot.
- Pour into 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses and top with coconut whipped cream.
Makes 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses
This drink is rich. So instead of just serving 2 (as shown in the pictures), I would recommended serving 6-8 in smaller glasses for sipping.