- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Spread pumpkin butter on toast, dollop over pancakes or serve with apples for dipping.