Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- 1 package oatmeal cookie mix (plus any ingredients the package calls for)
Cider Caramel Sause
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 3 Tanlespoons flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.4-oz) pacakag vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup cider caramel sauce (see above)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling atop pie
- 1 cup Cool Whip topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- As it heats, prepare the oatmeal cookie dough according to the package’s instructions.
- Make the Oatmeal Cookie Crust: Grease a 9″ pie plate. Press cookie dough into bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake until the cookie has set and is no longer jiggly, 18 to 20 minutes. Use a measuring cup to press down the cookie, which will have puffed up while baking. Place on an oven mitt or dish towel in the fridge to cool as you prepare the filling.
- Make the Cider Caramel Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, whisking to form a paste. Add sugars and cider, stirring until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until you have a sauce thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Measure out 1/4 cup and set the rest aside.
- Make the Cream Filling: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add milk, pudding mix, caramel sauce, and cinnamon, whipping until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour cream filling over the pie crust. Use a silicone spatula or spoon to smooth it in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until set.
- Top with Cool Whip, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of the remaining cider caramel sauce before serving.