- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 8 cheddar cheese sticks
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cups baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place cheese sticks on the tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut each biscuit dough in half and roll into a long strip. Coil very tightly around each frozen cheese stick so that no cheese is exposed. Pinch to seal the edges.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese sticks and dough.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and baking soda. Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Drop in wrapped cheese sticks and let cook 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to baking sheet, making sure the pretzels aren’t touching.
- Brush beaten egg over each pretzel.
- Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.