- 9 ounces white chocolate (about 1 1/2 cups chips or chopped chocolate)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 8″ cake pan with parchment paper.
- Cut a 21×5″ strip of parchment, butter or oil parchment, and line sides of pan. Center the pan on a large piece of foil and fold foil up over the sides to prevent water from entering pan.
- Place white chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and heat in microwave in 20-second intervals (or set bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water), stirring occasionally, until melted. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cream cheese. Let cool slightly, then add yolks and stir to combine.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, whip egg whites in another large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Add a small portion of egg whites to chocolate mixture and stir just until lightened.
- Gently fold in remaining egg whites in 2 additions until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan in a baking dish or roasting pan and add warm water to reach halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake cheesecake until set, 40–45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave pan in oven 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Remove cheesecake from pan, transfer to a platter, and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.