Creamy chicken taquitos made in a slow cooker, then rolled and baked til crispy! Soooo yummy and incredibly easy!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt + pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded colby or Mexican blend cheese
- 12 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
- sour cream
- other toppings as desired
- Add chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, and water to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken from crock pot, shred with two forks, and return to slow cooker. Give it a stir. Let it cook about 15 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 400. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, until tortillas are slightly browned and shredded cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings and sauces.