- 2 pounds large shrimp (31-35 per pound), shell-on and deveined (see note)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellman’s or Duke’s
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes (the water needn’t return to a boil). Drain the shrimp in a colander and run under cold water to shock the shrimp and stop the cooking.
- Shell the shrimp and devein if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Old Bay, wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in the cooked shrimp, celery and scallions.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- If using cooked PEELED shrimp, you’ll need just 1 pound.
- The salad will keep for 2 days, covered, in the refrigerator.