Grilled cheese sandwiches are so good, and this fried egg grilled cheese sandwich is definitely one that will make any breakfast delicious! Grilled cheese sandwiches are so good, and this fried egg grilled cheese sandwich is definitely one that will make any breakfast delicious! So however you love your egg yokes, runny or hard, just cook em’ up, add your favorite type of cheese and a couple pieces of Texas style bread, and there you go, a delicious fried egg grilled cheese sandwich.
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread (thick Texas style)
- 4 slices cheese (I used Colby jack and pepper jack)
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt a little butter over low heat.
- Fry eggs so the yokes are cooked how you like them.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once done, remove from flame.
- In a separate frying pan, add a slice of bread, buttered side down.
- Add a slice of Colby jack cheese.
- Top with two fried eggs.
- Add a slice of pepper jack cheese on top of the eggs.
- Top with another piece of bread, buttered side up.
- Cover pan with a lid and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides.