- 1 Teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Large pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 Teaspoon capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1-1/4 lbs large shrimp (21-25 size), peeled and deveined
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and green pepper until the onion is translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, cinnamon, wine, olives, raisins, capers, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce is a thick consistency.
- Add the shrimp, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just pink and starting to curl.
- Remove from heat and serve over steamed rice.