- 1 Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup capers with their juices
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Splash of Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds (41/50 count) peeled and cooked shrimp
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, lemon, cider vinegar, canola oil, capers, celery seeds, sugar, salt, and Tabasco.
- Add the shrimp and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chilled. Keeps for at least a week.