If the name isn’t enough to catch your attention the taste of this will. It’s called eggs in clouds for a reason. Stiff white peaks from whipped egg whites mixed with a happy marriage of crumbled bacon, cheese and chives form the base of this wonderful, wonderful creation. It’s puffy. It’s dreamy. It’s like biting into a cloud.
And if that isn’t enough, the lonely egg yolks are nestled beautifully in the middle of these clouds and baked until just set.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- Pepper to taste
- Separate egg yolks and whites, putting the whites in one large metal bowl and the yolks in the broken shells or 4 separate bowls
- In a metal mixing bowl, whip the whites until stiff peaks form
- Carefully fold in the cheese, chives and bacon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon 4 mounds of whipped egg whites
- Make a deep well in the center of each with the back of a spoon
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 3 minutes and remove from oven
- Add one yolk to each well and season with pepper
- Return to oven and bake until yolks set, about 2-3 minutes for a soft egg yolk