- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 slices honey oat or honey wheat bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 6 ounce cans chunk white tuna (water pack), drained
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 4 ounces havarti cheese with dill, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons snipped dried cranberries
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Generously coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Lightly brush one side of bread slices with melted butter. Press bread slices, buttered sides up, into the prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise, and honey mustard.
- Stir in cheese, shallot, and dried cranberries.
- Divide tuna mixture among bread-lined muffin cups.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly.
- Remove tuna cups from muffin cups; let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, garnish with fresh dill.