- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 sheets (14×9 inches) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted red sweet pepper, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup bottled light Italian salad dressing
- Tzatziki Sauce
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- On a work surface, lightly coat one sheet of phyllo dough with cooking spray (keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out).
- Top with another sheet of phyllo and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Repeat layering two more times, making a stack of four phyllo sheets.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and additional cooking spray to make a second stack.
- Cut each stack in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into thirds. Press rectangles into prepared muffin cups, pleating as necessary to fit.
- Bake 5 minutes or just until phyllo starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine boiling water and couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the next six ingredients (through salad dressing).
- Spoon chicken mixture into partially baked phyllo cups.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes more or until heated through and phyllo is golden.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups.
- Serve with Tzatziki Sauce. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek or regular yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, mint, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken-Feta Phyllo Cups with Tzatziki Sauce)