White Barbecue Sauce – an Alabama favorite! More of a condiment than a BBQ sauce this tangy, creamy sauce compliments both smoked & grilled chicken & pork.
- 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
- A few dashes of hot sauce or sriracha sauce to taste
- Simple whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- If you like the sauce a little thicker, just add another tablespoon or two of mayonnaise or thin it with a little more water if you find it’s too thick for your taste. I’ve seen it from a very watery consistency to as thick as ranch dressing.
- Let sit in the fridge for several hours or overnight to let the flavours develop.
- Best made the day before.
This does make a relatively small batch of sauce to serve about 4 people or so. Double or triple the recipe as needed if serving larger groups.