Ditch your standard BBQ sauce and whip up a batch of this easy to make, spicy, & flavorful Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce next time you fire up the grill.
- 1 cup (250 g) yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup (85 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (55 g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (129 g) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (30 g) chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) ketchup
- 2 teaspoons (25 g) Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients well.
- For best results, refrigerate in an airtight container overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
- To serve, warm in a pot over very low heat and use on grilled meats like pulled pork or chicken.