- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced beets
- 1 3/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 1 stick cinnamon, halved
- 2 dozen Hard-Steamed Eggs, peeled
- Drain beets, reserving juice. Set beets aside for another use.
- In medium saucepan, combine reserved beet juice, white vinegar, sugar, allspice and cinnamon.
- Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange eggs in 1-quart jar with tight-fitting lid…TIGHT being the operative word here..you do not want this bright pick juice to leak.
- Pour hot mixture over eggs. Cover tightly.
- Store in cool place OR cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate to blend flavors, at least several days or up to several weeks.
- After opening, refrigerate and use within 1 week.