- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons mild mustard – I used plain yellow prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon celery seed
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seed
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric-optional-my addition to bump up the yellow color naturally
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 12 Hard-Steamed Eggs, peeled
- Add everything except onions and eggs to sauce pan, bring to a boil, mix well (I used a whisk), reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Layer onions and eggs in jar, cover with pickle brine.
- Cover with lid, place in fridge, let marinate at least 24 hours.