Scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage links rolled and baked inside a corn tortilla. These Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos are simple and delicious!
- 1 (7 oz) box sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack or Monterey jack)
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped (optional)
- 10 white corn tortillas (or use 6” flour tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.)
- Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link on top.
- Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa for dipping.
To Freeze: Prepare and bake the taquitos as directed. Allow to cool completely and then place in a freezer ziplock bag. When ready to eat, microwave them until warm