- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and gently submerge the eggs into the water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of ice water to cool the eggs – this should take about 15 minutes.
- When cooled, gently peel the eggs and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- While that heats, place the flour, the beaten egg and the breadcrumb in 3 separate bowls. Mix a little salt and pepper into the breadcrumbs. Dredge each soft-boiled egg in the flour, then coat with the egg and then finally with the breadcrumbs. Then, re-dredge the egg in the yolk and a second time into the breadcrumbs for a nice thick coating.
- When the oil reaches 350 degrees, gently place one egg at a time in the hot oil using a wire spider or other slotted spoon.
- Gently turn the egg with the strainer to brown on all sides. This should only take no more than 30 seconds. Remove the egg to a paper towel and continue with the rest of the eggs.