An easy greek spinach chicken bake, filled with spinach, salty feta cheese, garlic, grilled chicken, and a flakey buttery crust. A fun family dinner that everyone will love.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large White Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 (10 oz.) Boxes Frozen Spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry of water
- 1/2 lb. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 Cups Grilled Chicken Breast, diced (about 1 large breast)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 18 Phyllo Dough Sheets, defrosted
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add in onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in spinach, feta, and diced chicken breast.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and then stir in the parmesan cheese, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Allow the spinach mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes before adding in the egg mixture so that the eggs do not scramble.
- Melt butter in a small bowl.
- At this point open the phyllo dough.
- Carefully lay one sheet of phyllo dough into the prepared baking dish.
- With a pastry brush, brush the top of the phyllo dough with melted butter.
- Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on the top and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat until you have 6 sheets of phyllo dough.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the top of the phyllo dough.
- Layer with remaining 12 layers of phyllo dough, brushing each layer with melted butter.
- With a sharp knife score the top layer of the phyllo dough into 8 evenly cut slices. Make sure not to cut into filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until phyllo dough is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.