I like omelets but don’t always have time to stand by the stove. That’s why I favor this oven-baked variety that I can quickly pop into the oven at a moment’s notice. My family frequently requests this for Sunday brunch. They always empty the dish.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream.
- Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings.