This chilled, creamy pies is the dessert equivalent of a swimming hole–so refreshing you can’t help but dive in. Garnish with lime slices and lime zest curls, if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons jarred caramel topping
- 2 (14-oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Key lime or lime zest
- 1 cup fresh Key lime or lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, next 2 ingredients, and 1/2 cup toasted pecans until blended. Press crumb mixture on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 45 minutes).
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup toasted pecans over bottom of crust; drizzle caramel topping over pecans.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and next 3 ingredients. Gently pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until almost set. (The center will not be firm but will set up as it chills.)
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Cover and chill 4 hours.
7. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Dollop or spread over pie.