These two-bite delights have a little spice to them, but we guarantee your guests will be impressed. Made with wonton wrappers, some creamy slaw, and the South’s freshest seafood, Barbecue Shrimp Cups are the perfect party appetizer.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 medium shrimp, fresh and deveined
- 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 (14-oz.) bag coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Brush wonton wrappers with 1 tablespoon oil and place in mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While wrappers are baking, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning.
- Combine coleslaw mix, 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in large skillet; sauté shrimp until opaque and cooked through.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Once wrappers have cooled, fill each with 2 tablespoons slaw and 1 shrimp.
- Top with sliced green onions.