For a new spin on peach pie, try these easy-to-love bars. The mellow fruit flavor really comes through.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll crescent dough sheet into a rectangle. Press onto bottom and slightly up sides of a greased 13×9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth.
- Spread over crust.
- Spoon pie filling over cream cheese layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in almonds; sprinkle over peach filling.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yield: 2 dozen.