Here’s the secret to nice pimiento-cheese texture: Grate the cheese by hand, half on the large holes of a box grater and half on the small holes. Choose an aged sharp Cheddar cheese for extra bite. Chopped chives and Dijon mustard add piquant punch in place of grated onion.
- 1 (12-oz.) block aged sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grate half of cheese using the large holes of a box grater; grate remaining half of cheese using the small holes of box grater.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese until well blended.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days.